Lyved (pronounced lived) began on January 1, 2008. It quickly grew, reaching hundreds of thousands of people in just a few months. Since then Lyved has become a blogzine that focuses on various aspects of life; from business to news, to the environment and personal growth; and even some politics once and awhile. Lyved provides quality content that prides itself on having a fresh and positive perspective on life and living it.
Andrew Galasetti – FounderWelcome to Lyved.com! My name is Andrew; I’m the founder and the main writer. I’d just like to share a little but about my personal story so that you can get to know me better and understand why I started Lyved. There are a million places I could start, but I’ll begin at age 14, work my way backwards and then forwards. When I was 14 years old I decided to set out on the goal of being an entrepreneur. I wanted to achieve more freedom and a better life for myself, my mother, and my sister. Throughout my entire life, my mother has been working hard to keep a roof over our heads and food on our plates. My father left when I was still in preschool. My mother and father had a terrible relationship. My father would beat her any chance he could get. I have vivid memories of him abusing her even though I was so young. After my father and mother divorced, my sister and I would still visit him on the weekends, but eventually those visits would end. One day, when I was about 10 years old my father packed up all his belongings and moved to another state. He gave us no warning and no “goodbye.” It’s been over a decade since and in that time he never attempted to contact us, no phone call, not even with a birthday card. As you know, it’s a struggle to be a single mother. My mother had to work multiple jobs and long hours. As I grew older I saw this taking a toll on her mentally and physically. This pushed me on a path to success and away from a road towards drugs and crime. Over my teenage years I began creating inventions and launched numerous business ventures; everything from a search engine to a bottled water company. Most of my endeavors failed, but I didn’t fail to learn. Every stumble brought new knowledge. And when I was 19, it led me to start Lyved. I’ve been through quite a bit:
- I grew up fatherless
- I was poor for many years
- I battled a learning disability
- I was sick on and off for 17 years and went to the hospital over a dozen times
- I was pulled down by depression
- And I failed at business numerous times…but I wouldn’t change a thing. I’m very happy I experienced all of this and the other adversities I had to face. None of it has killed me, so it only made me stronger and taught me amazing lessons. It’s where I pull a lot of what I write about here on Lyved. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this page. I hope you enjoy Lyved!
Press & notable linksLyved has been linked by some of the most popular websites on the internet. Below is a sampling of such links and a few interviews I did.
- NJ Next magazine (page 14 & 16)
- Guest article at The Art of Manliness
- ReadersDigest.com’s “The Daily Five” (no link available)
If you'd like to connect with me outside of this site, here are a few places to check out: